Thursday, June 14, 2018

Having Fun With Shipping Tags #8 - Background Reveal

Hi everyone!

After 5 months of no crafting, no tag challenges (except for one that I did at Mandy's) I found it very hard to get back into the swing of things for this one. From start to finish I was not enjoying it at all. When I finally did the journal page based on this tag challenge I was much happier! Thank goodness the tags are only a guide and I'm learning from them also!

I did like how the sponged application of the paint looked, if only I didn't continue to cover it up LOL.






So today started out with just sponging on the mediums until I got sick of that LOL. Instead of the sponging technique this tag ended up being the background reveal - a technique I just love!

So I decided to get the gesso out and go over what I did! Pretty much did the same as before but without the masking fluid. I added the colour, traced some butterflies and painted around them to leave the coloured butterflies as the focal images. I'm not a fan of going over something I've created just because I didn't like it, but I did it for this one, given that it was a challenge LOL.

Don't give up on this one just yet - the journal page worked out great, and that's the whole point of the tags, to give something a go and try to create a page based on it.

For all our tag challenges head on over to our FaceBook group JOURNAL TECHNIQUES by CLICKING HERE.

You can watch the full PAINFUL process on my YouTube channel by CLICKING HERE.

Products used:

Liquitex Professional gesso
Ranger clear Emboss It embossing ink
Ranger clear embossing powder
Dylusions 'diamonds - small' stencil
Global Colours 'cool yellow' acrylic paint
Global Colours 'orange' acrylic paint
Global Colours 'cobalt hue' acrylic paint
Reeves 'rose madder' acrylic paint
J.Burrows 'teal' acrylic paint
SimonSaysStamp 'ring clusters' stencil
Darkroom Door 'blossom' stencil
Winsor & Newton Art Masking Fluid
CreativePL 'mars black' acrylic paint
Black uni POSCA 0.6mm pen
Black Faber-Castell PITT Artist brush pen
Memory Box  'drifting butterflies' stencil













Thanks so much for stopping by!

Smiles
Jen

1 comment:

  1. HI Jen, missed you, just love the tag, and the butterfly is beautiful, !!! thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete