Friday, April 29, 2011

Art Journal - Page 18

I started this page in my journal during Dede's (inkwell) stream tonight, then finished it off during my own stream, thanks to the gals who joined me :)

I started recording for a youtube video, but forgot to record while streaming, sorry. So here's a few pics of the page I was creating.

Some close-up shots

Thursday, April 28, 2011


Well, I've bit the bullet and I'm going to go live and recorded on USTREAM very soon!

I'll be creating various projects on USTREAM and will start with a mini album using the 7gypsies "gypsy market" 6x6 paper variety pack.

I would really like to stream in the evenings for the Australian market as the time difference for live streaming of the internationals is, for us, either in the wee hours of the morning or during the weekdays when a lot of us are working. Either way, we should have all areas covered - I hope everyone will join me from all corners of the globe! I'm thinking either Monday or Wednesday evenings here at around 8pm DST. I would love everyone's thoughts and see what times suit all of you.

In the meantime I've created a sign to be used as my USTREAM "logo" and I've uploaded the 3-part series in the making of the sign, and here are some pics.

The completed sign

Close-up shots of various parts of the sign

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Craft Room Sign

Using a lot of Tim Holtz products here to make a sign for my craft room, Jen's Joint.

Instead of itemising all the products used I've taken photos of them (I think I've shot all of them).

Check out the YouTube video here.

Here is the finished sign - 8 1/2" x 11":

and here's some close-up shots of the sign:

And here are the products I used to create the sign...

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Tag Time #8 - Happy Easter

I was just playing around last week and decided to finish the tag today whilst trying to organise the projects and files I've purchased. It's an Easter theme tag with lots of eggs! Check out my video on how I created this tag. Click here for Part 1 of the video.
Close up shots of various sections of the tag:

Some of the products I used in making the tag:

Friday, April 8, 2011

OVA April Altered Item Challenge - Easter Decoration

Well, it's my second attempt at this challenge - I forgot to include the most important element of the first attempt at this challenge - the Easter Decoration! LOL. Oh well, I've had fun playing :)

So for the April Altered Item Challenge - Easter Decoration over at Our Vintage Affair we had to alter an item and decorate it Easter style.

Here's my entry-

Products and materials used:

12 tongue depressors (that's what they look like LOL) in lightweight timber, cut to size, chomped ends with the Zutter corner rounder, painted base coat burnt umber, painted on a layer of Derivan Matisse Crackling Medium, then painted on a mixture of white & bisque (cream).

I then hot glued all pieces together, then took some twine and tied it around the long "timber" pieces.

For the sign I used lightweight chipboard and cut a "tongue depressor" to size using my Tonic scissors for the post. Again, painted both the sign and the post - the base coat in burnt umber, then dry brushed the white/cream mixture over the brown base coat (I didn't use the crackling medium on this). Then took a wood-mounted stamp by Fern Gully Stamp (made in Australia), inked it up with Versamark, stamped it onto the sign, then used black superfine detail embossing powder by Stamp-It and heat set the sentiment. I hot glued the signpost to the sign.

Took some white "Shreds" by, glimmer misted it using Apple and Forest Moss.

I made a false bottom using white cardstock to give some height to the contents (I only had one pack of shreds), then added the easter eggs and finally set in the sign!

I went for the country-style look here with minimal "pretty" embellishments. Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by :)

A few close-up shots of the Easter crate

Thursday, April 7, 2011

SL3 Grungy Monday #2

Well, I think I've mastered the challenge - well we'll see LOL. The Grungy Monday challenge this week over at Studio L3 was Distress Ink with Studio Multi Medium based on Tim Holtz's video showing the technique.

I created a card with a background stamp of script and butterflies. I then stamped two butterflies and a dragonfly similar to the background stamp using Matt Medium. I stamped them at least half way off the original stamp so that it looks like the butterflies and dragonfly are flying off the page - well, that was the effect I was going for anyway LOL.

The materials I used were:

  • Green, gold and white cardstock for the card and mats

  • Chipboard for the Tim Holtz Tag & Labels Alterations die for the sentiment

  • Hero Arts Clings "Antique Background" for the background of the card

  • Derivan Matisse Matt Medium for stamping the butterflies and dragonfly

  • Two of the butterflies from the "Butterflies" clear stamps by Stampendous

  • Dragonfly stamp from the "Organic Grace" wood mounted set by Stampin' Up!

  • Distress inks used on the background were Bundled Sage and Stormy Sky

  • Glimmer Mists used on the sentiment were Patina and English Ivy

  • Rhinestones by Basics

  • Walnut Stain distress ink used to distress edges of card mat and labels die, and used the Tim Holts Distressing Tool to rough up the edges of the card mat

  • Ribbon from my stash

  • Adhesives were ATG tape, Scotch Quick Dry adhesive, Glossy Accents for ribbon and pop dots