Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Photo Box or Frame - You Choose!

Well! It pays to read doesn't it! I was creating an altered object for the Our Vintage Affair (OVA) challenge and it seems I got carried away with the project, because I didn't use the "Easter Decoration" theme. Oh well, you live and learn, don't you!

Well, here it is anyway. I made it using the following:

* medium weight chipboard * acrylic paints * Crackling Medium * hot glue * metal hinges * Tim Holtz Hitch Fastener * Deja Views "Wedding" paper * Spellbinders Nestabilities "Labels Ten" dies * See Dee's vintage lady stamp * Prima Say it in Pearls * 25mm Foam Rose Head Blossoms by Vivaldi * Flower Fantasy embossing folder * various Tim Holtz distress inks * various Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists * some tiny flowers & a couple of feathers


The size of the box/frame is 4" x 6" with 1/2" strips for the height. The individual elements details are as follows:


The chipboard pieces cut - 2 @ 4" x 6", 4 @ 3" x 1/2", 4 @ 6" x 1/2". The chipboard base coat was painted with a mixture of burnt umber and black, dried, then a layer of Derivan water-based Crackling Medium and dried, then painted with a mixture of titanium white and bisque (cream).


I adhered the designer paper before attaching the hinges which resulted in trying to find a way to hide the brads, I decided to re-cover it with a new piece of the designer paper, distressed using the TH distressing tool then inked using TH Weathered Wood distress ink. I did this because I wanted to leave the inside cover free for a photo.


I used Weathered Wood and Pumice Stone distress inks for the labels die on the front of the box.


I adhered a piece of 4" x 6" foam on the bottom of the box frame but I didn't show this in the video.


I have uploaded an in-the-making video of this to show how and what I did to make this project. It was a long day making this one, I even cut my finger trying to cut the chipboard to 1/2" pieces (you'll see the bandaid in the video). Oh well, all in the name of scrapbooking :)


Click here to see the video.









3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love all the details, very refined.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it is darn beautiful anyway Jen hehehe. Regardless of whether it has Easter splashed all over it or not chick. Very vintage and you know I love that look.
    Hugs
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love the elegance and the vintagi-ness of this creation, simply wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete