So...I have to provide at least 6 different projects which I have made. Hmmmm...which ones??? I guess because my design strength leans more toward building and construction of storage items, I have decided to include a couple of these items for which I used other paper lines.
The first project is one of which I am very proud - the Distress Ink Storage Unit. This one used a LOT of chipboard and glue (most of my projects do LOL) and very little paper! I designed it myself and the making of this was recorded live on Ustream. Click HERE to view the recording. I added a Lazy Susan spinner for the base and created a label sheet to print onto copy paper which prints the label on all four sides of the ink pads.
|Distress Ink Storage Unit|
My next project is Valentine's Day themed. I say themed because I'm not a huge fan of Valentine's Day and all the red, so the perfect paper to use on this project was Graphic 45's Le Romantique! My daughter, Mandy wanted me to make her a box to hold sentiment cards as a gift to her husband, Tod for Valentine's Day. The cards were titled "I love the fact that..." and Mandy filled in each card with things she likes about Tod. I designed this box also. It is just a box, but I made a mistake or two so I "hid" the "mistakes" with some strips of chipboard around the edge of the top, and it looked so good I added to the bottom also/ I thought this inclusion actually made the project "pop", as well as being practical as the bottom pieces stopped the lid from slipping all the way down to the bottom of the box which would have made it difficult to open.
|The caption on the paper here was made for this project!|
I have not been bitten by the Project Life bug - yet - however Mandy (yes, Mandy again) needed a storage box to hold all her PL cards, so I set sail again and designed a storage unit for Project Life cards. I have since made another Project Life Storage Unit (PLSU) - again for Mandy as she wanted to fill a 23"x8" space on her desk. I must digress here as I thought this was kind of a funny story as to why I built a bigger PLSU.
So....Mandy's husband Tod was so impressed by the first PLSU I made for Mandy that he asked if I could make him one to use as a "remote boat" (storage for his many remotes - TV, X-box, stereo, etc). So I built him one - no big deal. THEN Mandy cleans her craft work area and decides Tod's "remote boat" and her original PLSU fit "almost" perfectly in this 23"x8" space on her desk. Well, I was told that I could either make Tod another Remote Boat OR I could make one BIG PLSU for Mandy so Tod could have his original "Remote Boat" back. Yes, you guessed it, I made the mambo jambo PLSU for Mandy LOL.
|Original PLSU (I use it for a desk organiser)|
|Version 3 (Mandy's) Empty|
|Version 3 Filled with Project Life Cards|
|Justin's "spinning" desk organiser|
|The side with the letter rack|
|The circus tent|
I think I'll have to add just one more project to the list here. For some unknown reason I decided to make a log cabin. Sooooo....after countless strips of 5/8" chipboard pieces, a LOT of adhesive, a LOT of paint, and a LOT of water to get the curve of a true log shape, I came up with this:
|This side shows the chimney|
|The front shows the flower boxes on the windows and the verandah|
|Close-up of the front door - hinges were made from paper!|
|The side door is the spine of the enclosed mini album|
Oh my! Choosing which projects to include here in the Graphic 45 Design Team 2014 Audition was much harder than I thought! Hopefully the selection shows my style and how I make use of the papers. Thanks for the opportunity to submit my audition and for all the support from my crafty friends, without whom I would never have considered I was good enough to at least try for it!