Saturday, September 15, 2018

Blind 6 Colour Challenge - A Fail?

Hi everyone!

So for today's blind 6 challenge Eileen told me I had to use embossing powder as one of my 6 products after watching my latest video on YouTube and how I made it hard for myself LOL.

So the products I blindly chose were 'teal' acrylic paint, ''fresh copper' nuvo embellishment mousse, 'fossilized amber' distress oxide, 'cocklebells coral' starburst spray, 'silver' embossing powder & 'bavarian blue' Magicals powder.

So instead of just applying the teal on its own for the first layer I decided to use black with it - seemed like a big mistake as I was then trying to lighten it the whole way through to the end. It turned out okay, just not a huge fan of it. I ended up recreating it using the white instead of the black and you can see the difference between the two below in the pics. I think I prefer the black as it has more depth to it
.

You can watch the full process video recorded live with chat on YouTube by CLICKING HERE.

Products used:

Canson Mix Media 165g (98lb) paper
Reeves 'teal' acrylic paint
Reeves 'mars black' acrylic paint
Reeves 'titanium white' acrylic paint
Liquitex Professional gesso
Tim Holtz 'string' layering stencil
Tonic Studios 'fresh copper' nuvo embellishment mousse
Tim Holtz 'speckles' layering stencil
Tim Holtz 'fossilized amber' distress oxide
Lindy's Stamp Gang 'cocklebells coral' starburst spray
The Crafters Workshop|Karen Ellis 'whimsical vines' stencil
The Crafters Workshop 'mini botannicals' stencil
KaiserCraft 'butterfly' template
Chromacryl texture paste
Lindy's Stamp Gang 'bavarian blue' Magicals powder
Sheena Douglass 'A Little Bit Scenic' stamp set (used butterfly)
Studio 'black' permanent marker













Thanks so much for stopping by!

Smiles
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment