Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Art Journal Page 215

Hi everyone!

I wanted to play with my distress inks today because ever since I've bought the distress oxide inks I have ignored them completely! I wanted to see how a large background would look using just distress inks. So I really had fun creating the background and it looked so soft that angels and mermaids came to mind. I knew I had a mermaid stencil - just one, and I knew I had either stamps or stencils with wings, hence the mer-angel!

Then I had to go and use embossing powder, didn't I! I curse the mess every time I use it but never remember until it's too late and I have a huge mess of embossing powder everywhere! Just as well the end result is worth it LOL.

You can watch the full process video on YouTube by CLICKING HERE.

Products used:

Liquitex Professional Gesso
Tim Holtz 'scattered straw' distress ink
Tim Holtz 'victorian velvet' distress ink
Tim Holtz 'milled lavender' distress ink
Tim Holtz 'rusty hinge' distress ink
Tim Holtz 'squeezed lemonade' distress ink
Tim Holtz 'worn lipstick' distress ink
Tim Holtz 'aged mahogany' distress ink
Tim Holtz 'tattered rose' distress ink
The Crafters Workshop 'fairywings' stencil
Chromacryl texxture paste
Ranger 'queen's gold' embossing powder
Ranger Emboss-it clear embossing pen
StencilGirl® 'mermadia' stencil
Semco 'burgandy' acrylic paint
Jacquard 'pearl white' Lumiere paint
Ranger Stickles
White POSCA paint pen
Gold gelly roll pen
White gelly roll pen
Heidi Swapp 'confetti' stencil
Dylusions 4 1/4" x 12" journal block
Duramax painters tape
















Thanks so much for stopping by!

Smiles
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment