Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Art Journal Page 214

Hi everyone!

Today I decided I wanted to see how sprays would work on a non-gessoed surface and how it compared to a gessoed surface, so I used the Dylusions black Creative 8"x8" journal and gessoed the left hand page, no gesso on the right hand page. I used Heidi Swapp sprays for this experiment and I must say I like both results!

I love the muted colours and the patterns the sprays made on the non-gessoed page (right side). I must admit I was very surprised that the colours didn't come up through the texture paste as much as I thought they would.

The left hand page, which had the black gesso applied first, was more vibrant than the non-gessoed page. The patterns were pretty and the sprays didn't really come through the texture paste but I think they were more apparent on the gessoed page. I'm assuming this is because the sprays would have soaked through on the non-gessoed page and therefore weren't sitting on top waiting to absorb into something.

So the upshot is - there's pros and cons for using sprays with or without sprays LOL. Have fun!

You can watch the full process video on YouTube by CLICKING HERE.


Products used:

Heidi Swapp 'sweet mint' Color Shine
Heidi Swapp 'patina' Color Shine
Heidi Swapp 'citron' Color Shine
Heidi Swapp 'butter' Color Shine
Heidi Swapp 'gold' Color Shine
Chromacryl texture paste
Tim Holtz 'flourish' layering stencil
KaiserCraft 'stencil words' stencil
Liquitex Professional gesso
Derivan Matisse 'folk black' coloured gesso






















Thanks so much for stopping by!

Smiles
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment