Friday, July 6, 2018

Wish Big Journal Page

Hi everyone!

So today's stream I decided to use my watercolour journal (gifted to me by Zandra). I had no idea what I wanted to create on the page and just let the girls in the chat lead the way, which they did LOL.

So after adding my acrylic paints to the page Kathy and Eileen said I should try to use distress oxide inks over the acrylic. OK, challenge set LOL. I must say it looked awesome! I really love the different shades of brightness from the acrylics against the oxides!

Once we were happy with the background I thought it looked magical so decided to add a fairy! That done, I added a tree to the page then the title. Voila! All in an hour's time too! It really can be done LOL

You can watch the full LIVE stream WITH CHAT on my YouTube channel by CLICKING HERE.

Products used:

Golden gesso
Art Basics | Finnabair heavy gesso
Reeves 'violet' acrylic paint
Reeves 'deep turquoise' acrylic paint
Reeves 'blue lake' acrylic paint
Pebeo DYNA 'iridescent blue green' acrylic paint
Reeves 'paynes gray' acrylic paint
Pebeo 'iridescent precious gold' acrylic paint
Jacquard 'pearl white' Lumiere acrylic paint
Deco Art fairy stencil (name unknown)
The Crafters Workshop 'reversed branches' stencil
Simon Says Stamp 'ring cluster' stencil
Stencil Girl | Mary Beth Shaw 'river rocks mini' stencil
Global Colours 'white' acrylic impasto
Tim Holtz 'spiced marmalade' distress oxide ink
Tim Holtz 'squeezed lemonade' distress oxide ink
Tim Holtz 'wilted violet' distress oxide ink
Various texture tools
White extra fine point Sharpie pen
Black Fude Ball pen
Black PITT Artist brush pen









Thanks so much for stopping by!

Smiles
Jen

1 comment: