Friday, November 3, 2017

Blind 3 Colour Challenge on Ustream Today

Hi everyone!

It's Friday again, and yet another stream. Today we decided to do the blind 3 colour challenge and I closed my eyes and selected three colours of paint. I had chosen two very close shades of yellow so I decided to throw one back in and choose another. The three colours I picked were:

Cadmium Yellow Medium Hue
Iridescent Red Blue
Fluorescent Pink

Ouch!

So we just put down some paint, added some stamping and texture and then I thought that it was a great background to add black as a contrast. So I just painted the border black, feathered it with a wet baby wipe and voila!

Next we decided to add a silhouette image so, as our friend Eileen doesn't like flamingos, and flamingos are pink, we decided to do a silhouette of a flamingo. I printed the flamingo out onto copy paper, cut it out very carefully so I could use it as a mask. I then decided that I had cut out the flamingo so well that I should include it on the page.

Then someone said we needed a cracked egg (guess who that was, yep Eileen) so I drew an egg, added some pink spots, drew some cracks and then used some yellow ink for the yolk seepage. It looked too yellow so I added some of the fluoro pink and it turned out just like the yolk of an egg!

Now for the title? DREAM was already there as one of the texture components of the background so we added 'or NIGHTMARE'. And voila! The page was done!

You can watch the full recording of the LIVE USTREAM (with chat) show by clicking HERE.

Products used:

Liquitex Professional gesso
Liquitex Basics 'cadmium yellow medium hue' acrylic paint
Pebeo 'iridescent red blue' acrylic paint
Pebeo 'fluorescent pink' acrylic paint
Reeves 'mars black' acrylic paint
Global Colours ''white' acrylic impasto
White Gelly Roll pen
Medium point 'white' Sharpie paint pen
Scotch Quick Dry adhesive
Faber-Castell black PITT artist brush pen
Liquitex Professional 'cadmium yellow light hue' ink
Ranger 'jet black' archival ink
Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous 'definitions' stamp
Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous 'memories' stamp
Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous 'dream' stamp
Hero Arts 'friendship writing' stamp
Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous 'sequence' stamp












Thanks so much for stopping by!

Smiles
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment