Thursday, November 2, 2017

Art Journal Page 184

Hi everyone!

I really enjoyed creating this page! I didn't have any vision, just went for it! I also pushed myself to use RED as well because that's the colour that needed to pop the page and I'm so glad I did!

I used Sennelier abstract acrylic paints on this page. I'd bought these in the States and have hardly used them. They are smooth and apply nicely, but for what they are worth I don't think I'd rush out and buy more of them.

I again used pieces of paper on this page and the only thought to the start of this page was that I wanted to apply the paint with a plastic card in 'strip' sections, therefore having a straight edge on the top and varying lengths on the bottom. You'll probably have to watch the video to see what I mean, sorry. Anyway the unexpected happened, as usual, and I love the end result of this page!

The font I used was called 'DTNOTED' and I downloaded it free from fontspace:
http://www.fontspace.com/renny-murray/dtnoted

You can watch the full process video on YouTube by clicking HERE.

Products used:

Liquitex Professional gesso
Sennelier 'turquoise' abstract paint
Sennelier 'iridescent black' aqbstract paint
Sennelier 'iridescent bronze' abstract paint
Sennelier 'burnt sienna' abstract paint
Sennelier 'titanium white' abstract paint
Scotch Quick Dry adhesive
Vintage sheet music page
Ranger 'jet black' archival ink
Mont Marte 'scarlet' acrylic paint
Creative PL 'scarlet lake' acrylic paint
Liquitex Basics 'alizarin crimson hue' acrylic paint
Reeves 'violet' acrylic paint
Creative PL 'mars black' acrylic paint
Black Stabilo All pencil
Water brush
Portfolio 'black' water soluble oil pastel
Portfolio 'red' water soluble oil pastel
Portfolio 'white' water soluble oil pastel
Stampin' Up! heart punches
Nozzles from Sennelier
Aleene's Tacky glue
Black PITT artist brush pen













Thanks so much for stopping by!

Smiles
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment