Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Altered File Folder

Hi everyone!

Today I've got a different project. Still mixed media but I'm altering a file folder and making it into a pouch, or holder for scraps of paper and such. Although I'm going to give it to my granddaughter, Amelia who just loves paper and painting and crafting.

This project was entirely inspired - once again - by Sara (My Serenity Crafts). Here is the link to the video recording I watched while making this file folder pouch:

Altered File Folder Pouch by MySerenityCrafts

Instead of sewing the sides together using my sewing machine I decided to sew it using embroidery thread with the Blanket Stitch.

You can watch the full process video on my YouTube channel by CLICKING HERE.

Products used:

Liquitex Professional gesso
Tim Holtz 'melange' tissue wrap
Tim Holtz 'postale' tissue wrap
Liquitex Professional matte medium
Deco Art 'turquoise sparkle' Ultra Fine Glitter paint
Deco Art 'celebration pink' Ultra Fine Glitter paint
Semco 'bright yellow' acrylic paint
Unknown gifted stencil
Dylusions 'leaf flourish' stencil
Semco 'tutti fruitti' acrylic paint
Semco 'island blue' acrylic paint
Tim Holtz |Stampers Anonymous 'bitty grunge' stamp set
Reeves 'mars black' acrylic paint
StazOn 'teal blue' solvent ink
Ranger 'magenta hue' archival ink
Ranger 'saffron' archival ink
Ranger 'jet black' archival ink
Elmer's Craft Bond quick dry glue
Washi Tape
Plastic Card
Black Stabilo All pencil
Aqua brush
NeoColor II water soluble wax pastels in 'cobalt blue'
NeoColor II water soluble wax pastels in 'purple'
Black uni POSCA pen
Hero Arts 'sketch circle' stamp
White Sharpie paint pen
Heidi Swapp 'gold' Color Shine















Thanks so much for stopping by!

Smiles
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment