Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Art Journal Page 212

Hi everyone!

Once again I'm trying to work out these Dylusions ink sprays! Trying to get them to NOT react when I'm trying to work over the top of them. So a friend asked me whether or not I let the sprays dry and set for 24 hours. Knowing me, I did NOT. So I decided to try this. Thanks Theresa :)

I applied the heavy gesso, let dry, sprayed the Dylusions sprays and let it sit for almost 30 hours!

When I started applying the clear gesso (I think I packed it on too thickly) you could see it reactivating and coming through the gesso. So I let it dry completely by itself overnight - AGAIN - and applied a thin coat of gesso using a brush this time, and it seemed to work fine - fingers crossed!

Once the clear gesso had dried I then started working on the page by applying white gesso sponged over a stencil - YES! Well, it wasn't a BRIGHT white but white enough to make the colours around it pop! Happy days!

You can watch the full process video on YouTube by CLICKING HERE.

Products used:

Generic brand hair spray
Dylusions 'leaf flourish' stencil (stencil discontinued)










Thanks so much for stopping by!

Smiles
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment