Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Art Journal Page 201

Hi everyone!

I started this page in my daughter's craft room and had all sorts of problems so once I'd adhered the paper and painted over it I decided enough was enough!

That was Tuesday 22 May 2018 and it's now Monday 28 May 2018. My craft room 'the dungeon' is now useable!!!! So today I decided I had to finish this page if it killed me!

What I wanted to do at Mandy's was to print an image onto Freezer paper but had no freezer paper and was having issues printing anything. So today I got out my Freezer paper and printed an image onto it with my inkjet printer. I wanted to transfer the image onto the paper but as it was a grayscale printed image it didn't really turn out. So I decided to go over it with a fine black marker - fail!

I decided to find a darker image to attempt to transfer and found one which was probably way too wet but it transferred OK. Things always go better in threes so decided instead of printing another image I would stamp an image.

Once this was done all I wanted to do (just to finish the page) was to add a quote, add a border, and it's done!

I saw this technique done by Kathy Arbour on YouTube, CLICK HERE for the link to Kathy's video on the image transfer technique.

Products used:

Liquitex Professional gesso
Masking tape
K & Company 'K Classic Charlotte' paper pad
Golden Regular Gel Matte Medium
Tim Holtz 'spun sugar' distress paint
Tim Holtz 'victorian velvet' distress paint
Reynolds Freezer Paper
Repositionable tape runner
Copy paper
Inkjet Printer
Faber-Castell PITT Artist Super Fine black pen
Black Ecoline Brush Pen
Charcoal pencil
Jo Sonja's 'rose gold' matte fluid acrylic paint
I Brake for Stamps 'children atc' stamp set
Versafine 'onyx black' ink














Thanks so much for stopping by!

Smiles
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment