Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Art Journal Page 199

Hi everyone!

I've been able to get up to Mandy's and do another journal page. Mandy had located some background stamps and some stencils for me to use today :) so I had a few more options than before LOL.

I thought I wanted to have a bit of white space around the page today but when I started I decided it was going to be a soft page - for a change!

What I did was just put some paint down, did some stamping and stenciling to create a a background so that this was to be the focal point of the page. I love to do this, then draw a simple image, such as a heart or flower, then block around it with a solid colour. I usually use black as the solid colour but today I wanted it to be softer so I used a shade of purple.

You can watch the full process video on YouTube by CLICKING HERE.

Products used:

Liquitex Professional gesso
Sullivan's 'crimson' acrylic paint
Sullivan's 'canary' acrylic paint
Sullivan's 'light blue' acrylic paint
Unknown stencils
Unknown script stamp
Ranger 'magenta hue' archival ink
Ranger 'saffron' archival ink
Ranger 'aquamarine' archival ink
Ranger 'sepia' archival ink
Liquitex Basics 'bright purple' acrylic paint
KaiserCraft 'offshore collection' stamp set
Global Colours 'white' acrylic impasto
Ranger 'deep purple' archival ink
Black POSCA paint pen
White POSCA paint pen
Lilac POSCA paint pen














Thanks so much for stopping by & stay tuned for more!

Smiles
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment