Friday, September 22, 2017

Art Journal Page 168

Hi everyone!

Today I'm working in my Dylusions 8"x5" Creative Journal (it's almost full!), and I wanted to use the distress oxides in the background.

Once I had done the background I didn't want to ruin it by adding anything on top of it that would re-activate the oxides, such a dilemma! So I decided to spray it with a coat of workable fixative.

I was still apprehensive so I thought I would adhere some tissue wrap on top of it, thinking the background colours would come through. They did, but you didn't really get all the yummy texture and depth.

Oh well, maybe next time I will just add the fixative and try my luck!

You can watch the full process video on YouTube by clicking HERE.

Products used:

Liquitex Professional gesso
Dry wall tape
Golden gesso
Tim Holtz 'peeled paint' Distress Oxide
Tim Holtz 'twisted citron' Distress Oxide
Tim Holtz 'cracked pistachio' Distress Oxide
Micador Workable Matt Fixative
Tim Holtz 'melange' tissue wrap
Liquitex Professional Matte Medium
Turquoise opaque light body acrylic by Jacquard
Pearl Turquoise light body metallic acrylic by Jacquard
Pearl White light body metallic acrylic by Jacquard
Sunset Gold light body metallic acrylic by Jacquard
Lindy's Stamp Gang 'ocean breeze blue' Hawaiian Flat Magicals
Scotch Quick Dry adhesive
Faber-Castell 'cold grey' PITT artist big brush marker
Black PILOT FriXion pen
Clear WOW! embossing pen
Ranger 'gold tinsel' embossing powder
'vivid green' Inktense pencil
Black Stabilo All pencil












Thanks so much for stopping by!

Smiles
Jen

1 comment: