Saturday, February 8, 2014

S T I C K L E S Spinner Storage Unit - Completed

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much to all who attended my stream recently when I made the second S T I C K L E S Spinner Storage Unit (SSSU), and a massive THANK YOU to Miss Amelia for stealing the show LOL.

My first SSSU ended up being very shabby chic, frilly and soft colours, more of a show piece than a useable piece. My second (and hopefully final) SSSU came out very plain, and as ArteDar said "a work horse" LOL. Because that's exactly what it looks like - tough and ready to be knocked around - and USED!

Anyway, the SSSU will take you quite a long time to create. It takes approximately 3 hours per unit (there are 4 in total). By the time you cut out all the chipboard (also cutting the angles of the ledges) and gluing it all together. So in total it probably took me (including embellishing the first SSSU) 18 hours. The prep time is just as time-consuming as gluing it all together!

There will be no written instructions for this storage unit, however I do have a document containing the chipboard and cardstock dimensions if you'd like to give this one a go!

Click HERE for the cutting guide.
Click HERE for the Ustream recording - Part 1
Click HERE for the Ustream recording - Part 2
Click HERE to go to my YouTube channel

Anyway, I think it came out great for my use. I like things to be practical (so don't know where the shabby chic version came from LOL) so I can use most of the items I make - this is why I make so many storage units. I love to craft but cannot stand making things just for the heck of it.

Please let me know by commenting below if you decide to make one of these. I would love to see photos and/or videos!!!

SSSU-MII - Stickles
SSSU-MII - Single side view
   
SSSU-MII - empty


SSSU-MI - closeup

SSSU-MI - filled with goodness

SSSU-MI - empty


Happy Crafting!
Jen


8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the cutting guide, I might adjust it to fit mys stuff on my desk that is cluttering up the surface.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh please let me know when you do so I can go check it out!!!
      Smiles
      Jen

      Delete
  2. I will be making one and will try to post pics. I made part of your project life one also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Monica
      Ooooh, going over to your blog now to check out the pics!!
      Smiles
      Jen

      Delete
  3. I am looking at my crooked version of the distress pad tower and laughing at my cutting prowess(or lack there of). Do I really want to kill another tree and try this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Gina, YES YOU DO! You can do it!!!
      Smiles
      Jen

      Delete