Well it was a brain strain, that's for sure! We worked it out so that we had 7 even partitions on the front for the 3x4's and 5 (almost even) partitions on the back for the 4x6's. I had no chipboard 23" long so I decided to make it one section at a time, each time adding it to the next, until it was all put together.
Once it was all put together I decided I should check and see if it would fit in the space it would live. So I went over to Mandy's and, holding my breath, voila! Perfect fit!
Then came time to cover it - what to do!!! I decided to gesso all edges, nooks and crannies. Then to cover it with the paper Mandy wanted. I think it was KaiserCraft "Vintage Rose" paper that was chosen, so I went to work cutting and pasting a million pieces onto it (exaggeration I know LOL).
I ended up using over a roll of 1/4" Scor-tape, a quarter roll of 1/8" Scor-tape, 2/3 bottle of Helmar's 450 clear glue, I think I used 5 pieces of A3 medium weight chipboard and about 12 sheets of patterned paper to cover it. Man hours, I can't remember, but it came together in 2 days!!! I think I was just focused on getting it made and out of my craft room LOL.
This unit will hold the following:
- 4 core kits
- 3 mini kits
- 4 co-ordinating 6x4 cardstock
- 1 pack 6x4 grid
- 2 packs 3x4 co-ordinating cardstock
- Has enough room for 5 more packs of 3x4 grid/colour/blank cards
|Filled with goodness!|
|Empty - waiting to be sent to new home|
|In new home!|