Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Aussie Scrappers Society - September Scrap Fusion Challenge

Well another 12x12 layout completed! Thank goodness for challenges or I'd never get any layouts done LOL.

This challenge was set by Tamara Goulden over at Aussie Scrappers Society on Facebook. This is a closed group and invitation only.

The theme for this month's challenge was "chipboard and sewing/stitching".
Instead of getting the sewing machine out (lazy) I just did some stitching.





I started out by cutting 9 pieces of 4" x 4" white cardstock and dry embossed each square using the Craft Concepts "In Stitches" embossing folder. I then sprayed the entire page with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist first in Perfect Peach, then Forest Green. I then inked up the raised sections with Bundled Sage Distress Ink and then adhered all squares down on a piece of grey 12" x 12" cardstock.

I then typed up the word INSPIRATION and printed it out on cardstock. I then punched holes in all the letters (so as to look like sewing needle holes), then positioned it onto my page and punched again (so the holes appeared in the actual 12x12 page. Then using green embroidery thread (6 strands) began using backstitch to "write" the word.

I did quite a bit of building and layering on this layout which I video taped during making the layout so I think I'll just detail the materials used and if you would like to see how it all came together you can watch it on YouTube here (when I get a chance to edit & upload LOL).

* Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist (Perfect Peach, Forest Green, Golden Terracotta) * Creative Concepts "In Stitches" embossing folder * Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Bundled Sage, Vintage Photo and Black Soot * Hug Snug Seam Binding in "Winter White" * Goods Docket rubber cling stamp CI-306 by Crafty Individuals * Daisy Scallop edge punch from EK Success * Ruler embossing folder by Cuttlebug's Embossing Folder 7 "Measure by Measure" * Tape Measure stamp from the Technique Tuesday "Measure Up" stamp set * Tim Holtz On the Edge "Sewing Edge" die * Tim Holtz Alteration "Sewing Room" die * Victorian Romance Flourish die by Cheery Lynn Designs * Labels Four die from Spellbinders * various trims, lace, embroidery thread, Scor-tape, Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive, pop dots & cardstock

This was a fun challenge, thanks Tamara :)

Can't wait to see what everyone else did!












6 comments:

  1. Simply gorgeous!!! Turned out great! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos of a beautiful layout. Very inspiring. TFS Cheers FiLoMa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiona. I really enjoyed putting this page together :)

      Delete
  3. OH I love it!! There is so much detail!! Great job!! *huggles* =0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Felicia :)
      I don't know why I feel the need to add more. Sometimes less is more - but I don't listen to myself LOL
      Smiles
      Jen

      Delete