Sunday, March 6, 2011

Fabric Flowers

OMG! I followed Jules' tutorial on making Prima's newest fabric flowers, and it worked!!! I can't believe how easy it really was.

First I cut my satin material and some tulle to a 2" width strip (I made mine as long as the material was and just cut it off when finished). I then located my sewing machine (I haven't used it for the longest time) and held my breath testing it out. Yay it worked!

So then I pinned the tulle onto the folded satin strip and sewed away.

I then cut the excess off the sewed edge and seared it with a lighter to stop the satin fraying.

I then cut into the strip (1/4 inch sections) close to the sewn edge, right along the entire strip.

I then punched a 1 1/4" circle from cardstock, heated my glue gun and away I went attaching the satin & tulle strip to the circle.

This is the result! I love it! I'll be making more of these for sure!




I just can't stop making them!


I made this one into a headband. I used elasticised suede ribbon lace and attached it to the circle cardstock and covered that with some more satin. This one was made for my granddaughter, Amelia.



3 comments:

  1. Okay Jen we will be making these together for sure when next we skype my friend lol they are gorgeous indeed.
    Hugs
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! and your doing such a great job they look like really expensive bought ones!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again Deni LOL
    You should really try making these flowers - they are soooooo easy!!! I love them!
    Smiles
    Jen

    ReplyDelete