Sunday, March 6, 2011

Fabric Flowers

OMG! I followed Jules' tutorial on making Prima's newest fabric flowers, and it worked!!! I can't believe how easy it really was.

First I cut my satin material and some tulle to a 2" width strip (I made mine as long as the material was and just cut it off when finished). I then located my sewing machine (I haven't used it for the longest time) and held my breath testing it out. Yay it worked!

So then I pinned the tulle onto the folded satin strip and sewed away.

I then cut the excess off the sewed edge and seared it with a lighter to stop the satin fraying.

I then cut into the strip (1/4 inch sections) close to the sewn edge, right along the entire strip.

I then punched a 1 1/4" circle from cardstock, heated my glue gun and away I went attaching the satin & tulle strip to the circle.

This is the result! I love it! I'll be making more of these for sure!

I just can't stop making them!

I made this one into a headband. I used elasticised suede ribbon lace and attached it to the circle cardstock and covered that with some more satin. This one was made for my granddaughter, Amelia.


  1. Okay Jen we will be making these together for sure when next we skype my friend lol they are gorgeous indeed.

  2. WOW!! and your doing such a great job they look like really expensive bought ones!!!

  3. Hi again Deni LOL
    You should really try making these flowers - they are soooooo easy!!! I love them!