Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Art Journal Page 230

Hi everyone!

Working in my whimsy houses journal today I go back to my folk art roots!

I'm trying to find all sorts of whimsical houses to paint and came across this image during a google search and decided I would have to paint it!

First though I had to trace it and transfer it on the page as there was no way on this earth I was going to do it justice if I drew it!

Then it was just having so much fun adding colour and detail to it!

You can watch the full process video on my YouTube channel by CLICKING HERE.

Products used:

Liquitex Professional gesso
Americana Chalky Finish 'serene' acrylic paint
Americana Chalky Finish 'vintage' acrylic paint
X-Press It Transfer Paper
Stylus
Reeves tracing paper
Jo Sonja's 'yellow oxide' acrylic gouache
Jo Sonja's yellow light' acrylic flow paint
Derivan 'red oxide' acrylic paint
CreativePL 'cobalt blue' acrylic paint
Jo Sonja's 'paynes grey' acrylic gouache
Derivan 'Australian olive green' acrylic paint
Jo Sonja's 'teal green' fluid acrylic paint
Jo Sonja's 'moss green' acrylic gouache
Semco 'bright green' acrylic paint
Semco 'burgandy' acrylic paint
Americana 'flamingo' acrylic paint
Reeves 'mars black' acrylic paint
Sharpie fine point black pen









Thanks so much for stopping by!

Smiles
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment