Monday, June 2, 2014

Card Series - Hello #2

After all the stress, hustle and bustle of the Travel in Time with Scrapadabadoo ustream lead-up and show, I felt like just playing - and that's exactly what I did today!

I wanted to use some earth toneson this card, plus I wanted to do some stamping and die-cutting, so I decided to combine the two - sort of LOL.

I took a hello die, punched it out of tape-backed fun foam and mounted it on EZ-Mount. I tested the stamp but felt, as it was very thin, that it needed more height so I punched it again and adhered it on top of the other one, voila! Stamped perfectly.

I inked up the stamp and tested it by stamping on white cardstock, then stamped it again halfway down and offset to the right of the first stamp,without re-inking, and then used a lighter ink and repeated those two steps, used a lighter ink and did it again, and stamped again one more time so that I had stamped four solid images of the hello word and four second generation stamps.

It looked like a perfect background so I cut it down, inked the entire cardstock piece with old paper, inked edges with aged linen, then finally some brushed corduroy distress inks.

I attached a piece of kraft coloured cardstock, which I had sliced off a 1/2" piece and ran the larger piece through my BigShot using a Spellbinders die, adhered the two pieces down onto the white card base, leaving a 1/8" gap.

I made a bow out of some grosgrain ribbon and adhered it to the 1/2" strip.

I thought the hello background needed a little something so I die-cut the word hi using the Tim Holtz Wordplay die and kraft cardstock which I then heat embossed with Versamark ink and Queen's Gold embossing powder. I adhered the hi sentiment using dimensional foam.

I cut a piece of kraft cardstock, cut-embossed using the same die as was used on the front and stamped the sentiment.

I rounded the right corners using a 1/4" corner chopper.

Even though this card took me half a day to make, I was happy with the end result.




Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. HELLO Jen...lol! I just love the way this was stamped and the card it adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen love your card simple but gets the message across hope you enjoyed your stamping today......and your trunk is amazing eventually will get mine made.

    ReplyDelete