Monday, June 2, 2014

Card Series - Hello #2

After all the stress, hustle and bustle of the Travel in Time with Scrapadabadoo ustream lead-up and show, I felt like just playing - and that's exactly what I did today!

I wanted to use some earth toneson this card, plus I wanted to do some stamping and die-cutting, so I decided to combine the two - sort of LOL.

I took a hello die, punched it out of tape-backed fun foam and mounted it on EZ-Mount. I tested the stamp but felt, as it was very thin, that it needed more height so I punched it again and adhered it on top of the other one, voila! Stamped perfectly.

I inked up the stamp and tested it by stamping on white cardstock, then stamped it again halfway down and offset to the right of the first stamp,without re-inking, and then used a lighter ink and repeated those two steps, used a lighter ink and did it again, and stamped again one more time so that I had stamped four solid images of the hello word and four second generation stamps.

It looked like a perfect background so I cut it down, inked the entire cardstock piece with old paper, inked edges with aged linen, then finally some brushed corduroy distress inks.

I attached a piece of kraft coloured cardstock, which I had sliced off a 1/2" piece and ran the larger piece through my BigShot using a Spellbinders die, adhered the two pieces down onto the white card base, leaving a 1/8" gap.

I made a bow out of some grosgrain ribbon and adhered it to the 1/2" strip.

I thought the hello background needed a little something so I die-cut the word hi using the Tim Holtz Wordplay die and kraft cardstock which I then heat embossed with Versamark ink and Queen's Gold embossing powder. I adhered the hi sentiment using dimensional foam.

I cut a piece of kraft cardstock, cut-embossed using the same die as was used on the front and stamped the sentiment.

I rounded the right corners using a 1/4" corner chopper.

Even though this card took me half a day to make, I was happy with the end result.




Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. HELLO Jen...lol! I just love the way this was stamped and the card it adorable.

    ReplyDelete